Tuesday 29 June 2010

Switzerland!

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to give a brief update on how my explorations in Switzerland are going. It is absolutely beautiful here and where my friend, Marc, lives is surrounded by the Swiss Alps! I arrived late Monday night (my flight was delayed) so by the time I arrived at his house I was unable to see anything, but we still wandered around down the lake and I got to meet his family.
Yesterday was a great day! We first took a train a couple towns over and just looked around. We ate lunch and I got to see part of where he goes to school. Then we took a boat ride and we had a fabulous view of all the mountains. After that we took a train ride up the side of one of the mountains! This train happened to be on the oldest mountain rain in all of Switzerland. At the top we once again had a get view of the Alps! We wandered around the mountain side a bit and now I can officially say that I have walked around the Swiss Alps barefoot! I wish I could describe how breathtaking the view was but I honestly can't. I did take pictures which I will try to post at some point, but they in no way actually demonstrate how beautiful Switzerland really is.
Today we are going to take a train to Germany, and maybe Austria and Liechtenstein as well. It is crazy how easily you can get around in Europe, and it's relatively inexpensive! Also, three weeks from today I will be preparing to board a plane back to the States. While I miss everyone, I am honestly not ready to come home... the past 7 weeks have flown by like I can't even begin to explain.

Love and miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment